Not displaying correctly

More
7 years 8 months ago #847 by spottedhaggis
I stalled, no issues, and used Chrome Developer tools to ensure no Jquery conflicts. Removed the Jquery call lines from code, and as far as I can tell it is working, but it only displays in a template position, for example, if I specify the header search position, it will display in that locaton, but not on the right, left top etc?

I get the feeling this is not ever going to work the way it was suggested. I understand the concept, having used many years ago a top panel that puled down from the top, but this one seems to ignore the specified top, left, right, bottom and place itself ony in the template position specified.

Help is a bit vague, and I do not think something like this should require the creator having to constantly access a site to fix the issue, if there is that much of an issue then the solutions should be clearly documented.

So, no Jquery conflict, module works, but not as advertised, whats the fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #848 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Not displaying correctly
This is a bit weird problem. As you can see in forum posts nobody ever stated an issue like this before. so I should see the problem on the place. The module has been working and it still works on all customers websites like on its demo page. do not be so rude please.Maybe you have a server side problem or your website-originated problem and you accuses other things.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
7 years 8 months ago #849 by spottedhaggis
Not trying to be rude, but it does appear that your initial response to every problem is that you want to have a look at the backend, when in stead it would be far better if you simply documented common issues and resolutions.

I am well aware of Jquery conflicts having experienced them on many occasions, I simply do not like the response of you needing backend access.

I work in a support role myself, I cannot afford to tell clients I will have to visit them onsite each time there is an issue.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #850 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Not displaying correctly
No suggestion would be documented for this uncommon problem if I had responses for common issues. Because that is not a common issue so I would have to see problem on your site again. You are the first customer reporting that issue. Also having a look at the backend is my way of support. I consider this as an effective and fastest strategy instead of long forum threads because most of customers are inexperienced. You may choose responses for common issues but I simply choose this way. I think that is simplest way.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds