Support for Joomla 4?

More
3 years 7 months ago #1147 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Support for Joomla 4?
Hi again.
I have added joomla's own menu option please download V 1.2. I have not tested yet for joomla 4. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1148 by Magh
Replied by Magh on topic Support for Joomla 4?
Tested in latest Joomla with PHP 7.3 (with error reporting set to "Development").

There's a PHP error, or rather, warning:

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home4/astro3/dev.astrologicon.org/modules/mod_jqueryjumpmenu_jt/helper.php on line 79

This has to do with the more recent PHP version, in use. 

The links work ok. But when it pulls from the menu, there is no seperation between parent and 1st, 2nd etc. level items. They all show like one list.
E.g.
ParentItem1
ChildItem1

While it is more usual for menus to appear like:
ParentItem 1
 ChildItem1

with some dash (-) or a space, to distinguish them.
It needs a bit of work, if you keep the option for pulling from the Joomla menus.

The thing is that several modules pull from the menus, but there aren't many around that offer the option for custom-made URL lists. So your module's got an advantage here.
It is a small yet important improvement if you get it to use the Joomla router - at some point in the future - (regarding the custom-made URL list), so the user can insert either SEF urls or the system ones.

Thank you for responding, and for taking the time to look into this - it is much appreciated. :-)

More
3 years 7 months ago #1149 by admin
Hi
I have not exactly understand which kind of links does not work. Please give an example . So why do you have to use links with item id. 

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1150 by Magh
Replied by Magh on topic Support for Joomla 4?
I simply wanted to enter the system url in the Custom links list (e.g. index.php?.....) and that it was automatically converted to SEF link. The way it is now, it works (if no itemid is added) but the link remains non-SEF. And when clicked and takes you to the corresponding page, the url is still non-SEF. So this is why I recommended using the new Joomla router.

Anyway, since you added the option for pulling links from Joomla menus, this is also good and I've switched into using that. The only thing missing is an option field to add some kind of seperator to distinguish between 1st level and 2nd level, 3rd level etc. menu items. For now, I added a dash in the 2nd level menu items' titles, to get this appearance.

In the helper.php file with a minor change on line 79 there is no PHP warning.
E.g.
                                                    // No further action needed.
                                                    continue 2;

I also recommend you add a z-index value in style.css (after line 27), to ensure that the list stays on top of other elements. Sometimes, depending on which position it is published, it might slip under other elements.

E.g.
.sbHolder{
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: normal;
    height: 31px;
    position: relative;  
    z-index: 5;
}

All is working good now. Thanks for all the help.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Magh.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1151 by admin
okay thanks for feedback and suggestions. I will make css changes and will try to add some class to second level in the future

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds